Status of residence with specific skills! It has become easier for foreign nationals to obtain a resident status in Japan.
As you know,In April 2019, “ specific skills System has started!
It seems that more foreign nationals will come to Japan.
This time, I would like to explain “specific skills” for “foreigners in Japan” and “foreigners who are planning to come to Japan”.
2. Why the “specific skills” system started
Although it has been gradually revised, until now it has been difficult to accept a status of residence unless it has advanced foreign human resources or specific specialized skills.
However, the number of people in the working age in Japan is steadily decreasing due to the declining birthrate and aging population.
As a solution to this, the “specialized skill system” was newly created.
2. What are specific skills?
In order for a foreigner to reside in Japan, it is necessary to apply for the purpose of residence, etc. to the Regional Immigration Office and be granted a status of residence.
There are the following two types of residence status “specific skills”.
Special skill 1
Status of residence for foreigners engaged in work requiring skills that require considerable knowledge or experience belonging to a specific industrial field
Special skill 2
Status of residence for foreigners engaged in work requiring skilled skills belonging to a specific industrial field
Compare specific skills 1 and 2
|Specific skills 1|| [Residence Period] Updating every 1 year, 6 months or 4 months, up to 5 years in total
[Skill level] Confirmed by examinations etc. (Foreigners who have completed technical internship No. 2 are exempted from examinations)
[Japanese proficiency level] Confirmation of Japanese proficiency required for daily life and work through examinations (foreigners who have completed technical internship training No. 2 are exempt from examinations, etc.)
[Family band] Basically disallowed
|Special skill 2|| [Residence Period] Renewal every 3 years, 1 year or 6 months
[Skill level] Confirmed by tests, etc.
[Japanese proficiency level] No need to check for exams
[Family ties] Possible if the requirements are met (spouse, child)
With the completion of the specific skill system, Japanese companies can secure human resources, and a lot of foreign nationals who want to live in Japan are matched, making each other happy.
3. What is your job?
Specific industry fields (14 fields)
- ①Care (Reference: https: //www.mhlw. go.jp/stf/newpage_000117702.html )
- ② Building cleaning (Reference: https: // www .j-bma.or.jp / qualification-training / zairyu )
- ③Shape material industry
- ④Industrial machine manufacturing industry
- ⑤Electrical and electronic information related industries
- ⑥Construction (special skill 2 is also covered)
- ⑦Shipbuilding and marine industry ( special skill 2 is also covered ) (Reference: http://www.classnk.or.jp/hp/en/authentication/evaluation/index.html )
- Sakai car maintenance
- ⑨Air (Reference: https://www.jaea.or.jp/ )
- ⑩ Accommodation (Reference: https://caipt.or.jp/ )
- ⑪Agriculture (Reference: https://www.nca.or.jp/ )
- Amber fishery
- ⑬ Food and Beverage Manufacturing (Reference: https://otaff.or.jp/ )
- ⑭ Restaurant business （Reference: https://otaff.or.jp/ )
4. How to acquire “specific skills”
Let’s pass the skill test
・ Tests corresponding to business categories in specific industrial fields
Let’s pass the Japanese exam
・ The Japan Foundation Basic Japanese Language Test (Japan Foundation)
・ Japanese Language Proficiency Test (N4 or higher) (Japan Foundation / Japan International Education Support Association)