Enjoy Odaiba and Jump (physically) into art: don’t miss the best TeamLab’s artwork
Everyone knows that Tokyo is full of surprises not only for all those who live here, but even for those who come to admire the frenetic life of this wonderful metropolis.
Have you ever touched with your own hands an art masterpiece? Have you ever entered art? Now you have a unique opportunity to enjoy physically a huge unprecedented art work.
When even the best description is meaningless in comparison to the piece of art itself, the best I can do for you is giving the Teamlab’s work named Borderless, the best review ever:
If you want to experience the evolution of art, please come to Tokyo if you are not here, and go to visit MORI building DIGITAL ART MUSEUM, located in Odaiba.
I bet I have caught your attention, great! Do you want to know more about TeamLab? What is Team Lab? Who is part of TeamLab? Check this!
There are basically two elements that make this collective extraordinary:
- 1.The heterogeneous identity of the members who are part of it, since its beginning in 2001; Ultratechnologists, designers, engineers, artists, mathematicians, programmers, architects and many other specialists! An international collective who perfectly reflects the variety of this globalized era.
- 2.The futuristic vision of art; TeamLab has explained art from TeamLab’s point of view in a very exhaustive description on their official website (https://www.teamlab.art/concept/). Concept by concept, the detailed elucidation about digital art will open your perspective to art even if you have never been interested in it.
The main work of the Team, as I mentioned at the beginning of this article, is in Odaiba; location who adds value to the exhibition itself: Odaiba is a particular area of Tokyo, surrounded by the sea and far from the dynamic atmosphere of the centre of the city.
Odaiba is a small artificial island, created for entertainment along the Tokyo Bay. Huge buildings like shopping malls, museums, amusement parks and many open spaces to set fairs and events…
- -Palette Town (http://www.palette-town.com/)
- -Aqua City Odaiba (http://www.aquacity.jp.e.yp.hp.transer.com/lng/top/)
- -Tokyo Fuji TV area (https://www.fujitv.com/visit_fujitv/)
- -Odaiba Onsen Monogatari (https://daiba.ooedoonsen.jp/en/ for those who especially have a thing for hotsprings!!)
- -DiverCity Tokyo Plaza (https://mitsui-shopping-park.com/divercity-tokyo/en/)
- -Odaiba big sight area (http://www.bigsight.jp/english/)
You can even find a giant Gundam in DiverCity, just right in front of the most famous mall in this area!
Just a sight to that enormous statue and you will feel inside the anime itself!
Besides the outstanding work of Team lab and all the other locations for entertainment I have listed, I personally recommend one spot where I could spend one of the best days in my early period in Japan:
★Odaiba beach; have a drink while watching the sea, relaxing and waiting for admiring a beautiful sunset. Fishes jump up and down on the water, the famous Rainbow Bridge starts to get its colours slowly as the sun leaves his place to the night. In Odaiba Beach, alone, with you partner or your best friends, get yourself a break, take your time and contemplate your amazing experience in Tokyo.
Thank you for your attention. I hope you have enjoyed this article!
If you want to know more about Odaiba, team lab and other popular spots in Tokyo, don’t hesitate to text JapanLIFE!
We are waiting for you!