Five recommended spots for foreigners in Tokyo.
The number of foreigners in Japan is really increased, isn’t it? What kind of places do they like to go to?
Today, I would like to present five recommended spots in Tokyo, because it’s been 10 years I live in Tokyo too!
Shibuya: city for young people
I work in Shibuya too, but I feel that it is mainly popular among foreigners.
Once you arrive at Shibuya, first you need to go to the ≪Scramble Intersection≫! As soon as the traffic light turns green, an incredible amount of people you can’t even imagine, cross altogether the intersection.
Recommended spots and experiences in Shibuya
- Experience the crowd flow at the Scramble Intersection.
- Taste a lemonade in the new opened store “STREAM”
- Drink a bottle of beer in the nostalgic atmosphere of Nonbei Yokocho
- Take a walk starting from the centre of Shibuya to Yoyogi Park.
Access to Shibuya
Asakusa: enjoy the culture
There are many old-fashioned shops and souvenir stores in Asakusa, famous for Kaminarimon Gate. In Asakusa, with just a look to the sky you will be able to admire the 646-meters Tokyo Sky Tree.
Recommended spots and experiences in Asakusa
- First thing to do once arrived at Kaminarimon Gate? At the Asakusa Temple get your ceremonial cleansing from evil spirits.
- Make a wish from the top of the Sky Tree.
- Touch the old Japanese culture taking a rickshaw “jinrikisha”
- Experience the vitality of Hoppi-dori street.
Access to Asakusa
Harajuku: the origin of fashion in Japan
Harajuku, where the most advanced fashion is always created. Let’s first chill out and go to Meiji Shrine!
Recommended spots and experiences in Harajuku
- Relax at Meiji Shrine.
- Taste some delicious treats in Takeshita Street.
- Famous brands shopping at Omotesando Hills.
Access to Harajuku
Ginza: The Old and the New
A little bit more formal than usual dress code for Ginza, known for being a fashionable city where people of all ages and sex are used to gather.
Recommended spots and experiences in Ginza
- First of all, the Kabuki-za to feel the Japanese culture.
- Enjoy one of the best area for high-quality brands in Ginza SIX, Tokyo Midtown Hibiya, Ginza Mitsukoshi, Tokyu Plaza Ginza.
- In the evening, grilled chicken “yakitori” in a traditional Japanese pub “Izakaya” is a must.
Access to Ginza
Ueno: Old-fashioned vibes
Ameyoko, an open-air market shopping area, always full of people. In Ueno, let’s try to talk to someone working in Ameyoko! You may discover a lot more about an authentic “Edokko”.
Access to Ueno
Recommended spots and experiences in Ueno
- Start your experience in Ueno taking a deep breathe while enjoying the huge green space of Ueno Park.
- Buy convenient in Ameyoko open-air market!
- Let’s have some fun and chill in a traditional Japanese pub “Izakaya”.
JapanLIFE provides support for life in Japan
JapanLIFE offers the following services in 15 different languages.
- We search apartments and accommodations for you
- We search for a job or a part-job for you
- We help you get a mobile phone
- We help you with the application for a credit card
- We support you when applying for a WIFI contract
- We provide you support to get a SIM card
- We follow you during the Visa procedure
Do you want to know more? Send us a message!